- -The eHome online education course is an 8 hour course that covers the entire home buying process.
- -Topics covered in the course include: readiness to buy a home, managing money, understanding credit, getting a mortgage loan, shopping for a home, and keeping your home.
- -Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate of completion that is valid for one year.
- -The course fee is $100.
- -To receive the certificate of completion, students must schedule an appointment with an HRI certified homeownership specialist.
- -The certificate of completion is valid for one year.
- -The Milwaukee County Mortgage Assistance Program is a one-time grant program for homeowners who are delinquent in their mortgage payments due to job loss or reduced work hours and wages as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- -Eligible homeowners may receive up to six months of assistance.
- -To be eligible, homeowners must have experienced a loss of income after March 1, 2020 as a result of the pandemic, and must be able to document the income loss.
- -In addition, the homeowner must hold legal title to the property, the mortgage must be at least 30 days delinquent at the time of application, and the household income may not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income.
- -The application deadline has been extended to June 17, 2022.
- -For more information and to apply, please visit the Housing Resources, Inc. website.
The Milwaukee County Mortgage Assistance Program is a great way to get help if you're struggling to make your mortgage payments. The program provides up to six months of assistance for those who have lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To be eligible, you must be a homeowner in Milwaukee County and have experienced a loss of income after March 1, 2020. If you meet these criteria and are behind on your mortgage payments, the program can provide much-needed assistance.
eHome is an online education course that covers the entire home buying process. It is a six-part series that takes about 8 hours to complete. After completing the course, you will schedule a one-on-one appointment with an HRI certified specialist. The specialist will review your information and help you through the purchase process. The course fee is $100.